Base Highway Fuel Economy
Torque-Vectoring All-Wheel Drive
2019 Toyota RAV4 vs. 2019 Honda CR-V
If you want a sophisticated crossover SUV with more horsepower and safety features, you will likely compare the 2019 Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V. When you include the off-road capability of the Toyota RAV4 Adventure trim, the Honda SUV has no chance. Jim Hudson Toyota is comparing the Toyota RAV4 vs. Honda CR-V to see which crossover SUV is best suited for your Lexington commute.
RAV4 vs. CR-V: Safety Features
- More manufacturers now have advanced driver assistance features in their vehicles, but Toyota has always been one step ahead of everyone else. They continue this trend for 2019 by offering Toyota Safety Sense™ 2.0 (TSS 2.0) on all RAV4 configurations.
- You have to upgrade from the base trim to the EX in order to access Honda Sensing in the CR-V.
- Although almost every CR-V includes Honda Sensing, the latter package doesn’t offer as many features. Drivers looking for Lane Tracing Assistance, Automatic High Beams, or Road Sign Assistance would be better off choosing the Toyota.
- The RAV4 also offers more accessible safety upgrades than its rival. If you want to enjoy a Blind Spot Monitor or a Rear Cross Path Monitor in the CR-V, an upgrade to a more expensive trim level is required. By contrast, both features are optional in the baseline 2019 RAV4.
RAV4 vs. CR-V: Performance
Comparing the performance of the new Toyota RAV4 vs. CR-V shows that one crossover SUV lags behind. See how they match up in the base trim level:
- 2019 Toyota RAV4 LE with Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine: 2.5L 4-Cylinder
- Horsepower: 203 hp
- Torque: 184 lb-ft
- Transmission: 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
- 2019 Honda CR-V LX with Front-Wheel Drive
- Engine: 2.4L 4-Cylinder
- Horsepower: 184 hp
- Torque: 180 lb-ft
- Transmission: Continuously Variable Transmission
Upgrade to Adventure
The 2019 RAV4 Adventure comes equipped with features and capabilities that you won’t find in any Honda CR-V configuration:
- Dynamic Torque Vectoring All-Wheel Drive
- 120V/100W Power Outlet in the Rear Cargo Area
- Towing Capacity of up to 3,500 pounds
Learn More at Jim Hudson Toyota
Learn more about the 2019 Toyota RAV4 and why it outshines the competition when you visit Jim Hudson Toyota. We offer a range of RAV4 lease deals as well as details about the RAV4 color options, RAV4 configurations, and interior features. Contact us today for additional information or to schedule a test drive!